Find Out If Teeth Implants Are Right For You.
Regain Your Smile With Dental Implants in Searcy
Losing teeth not only makes gaps in your smile. It robs you of the ability to enjoy meals and makes you self-conscious about everything from speaking to laughing. If you’ve lost teeth, let us show you what a difference dental implants in Searcy can make!
With implant dentistry, you’ll experience:
- Comfort and Convenience – You won’t need adhesive to keep your implants in place. Unlike other teeth replacements, there’s no need to worry about them becoming displaced.
- Ease of Care – With most kinds of implant restorations, you can care for your teeth as you did before, with simple brushing and flossing.
- No Bone Loss – After they are embedded in your jaw, implants function like tooth roots. They stimulate your jaw when you chew which, along with proper routine dental care, keeps your bone from shrinking.
- A Strong Bite – Chewing efficiency drops to just 25 percent for those who lose all of their teeth. However, implants can restore up to 80 percent of your normal chewing power. Since you’ll be able to eat a greater variety of food, your digestion will improve too.
- Durability – It’s possible for implants to last a lifetime with proper care. Some of our patients tell us they’ve had implants for more than 40 years.
Replace One Tooth or Many Teeth With ImplantsDr. Joseph Barker places both standard implants and mini dental implants, which are less invasive and don’t require as lengthy a healing period. That said, in some cases full-size implants are a better choice. Dr. Barker will recommend the right option for your situation. In rare cases, he may connect you with an oral surgeon who can perform the placement. After your implants are healed, Dr. Barker will attach your restoration. Whether you get mini dental implants or full-size ones, your restoration choices include:
- A Dental Implant With a Crown – To replace a single tooth, we’ll restore one implant with a dental crown.
- Dental Implants With a Bridge – We can attach a dental bridge to two or more implants so you can replace several teeth in a row. Unlike a traditional fixed bridge, we won’t have to alter healthy tooth structure.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You have several options for dental implant dentures. Some can easily be removed from implants for cleaning. Others will remain in place. Remember, we manufacture dentures in our on-site dental lab to ensure we fully understand and meet your needs.
- All-on-4 and All-on-6 – These procedures use just a handful of implants (either four or six, depending on the treatment) to secure a full arch of fixed replacement teeth.
We Answer Your Dental Implant QuestionsThe best way to find out more about implant dentistry is a consultation with Dr. Barker. However, we’ve provided answers here for some questions we hear often.
- Do Implants Cost a Lot? Implants are generally more expensive than dentures or bridgework. But their longevity outweighs the initial expense. Unlike dentures, no fit adjustments will be needed. Our patients say they are a worthwhile investment. If you’re a member of our Dental Healthcare Club, you’ll enjoy a 15 percent discount.
- Is Dental Implant Surgery Painful? No. During the procedure itself, you will be treated with local anesthesia. Some patients may also choose laughing gas to ensure they are completely relaxed. After the procedure, most patients need no more than an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen.
- Could I Have a Negative Reaction to Implants? Implants have a high success rate of around 95 percent. Technically the body can’t “reject” an implant since it contains no living material. Allergic reactions are extremely rare.