Keep Your Teeth in Top Shape With General Dentistry in Searcy
If you keep air in your tires, you’re less likely to get a flat tire. In the same way, it’s simpler to stop a cavity than to repair one. Preventing problems is always easier and less expensive than fixing them. That’s why we put so much importance on general dentistry in Searcy. Services like dental cleanings and exams will:
So general dentistry is just for the overall health of your mouth. So you need to get checked up at least twice a year. You need exams, you need routine cleanings. You need to make sure that there’s not periodontal disease going on. It’s prevalent in our society. And it’s kind of like diabetes, high blood pressure, a lot of those diseases where people don’t even know it’s going on in their life. And they think, ‘Well, my mouth’s okay.’ But in reality, they got infection in their mouth.
And so we now know that, like I said, periodontal disease is in direct correlation with diabetes and heart disease. So who wouldn’t want to know that? And who wouldn’t want to clean that up? No one wants to have diabetes, no one wants to have heart disease. And we don’t know which came first, the chicken or the egg. I don’t know that periodontal disease caused these things. I just know they’re in correlation. So if we can eliminate one part of that, we’re doing our part.
Second of all, someone may have oral cancer. I’ve only diagnosed oral cancer six times in my life, but it changed those people’s lives. And especially changed my life because one of them was my dad. And I diagnosed oral cancer on him three separate times, so we had three separate surgeries. I’m all about doing oral cancer exams for our patients to make sure that, hey, the soft tissue’s doing what it’s supposed to do. Because it can be radically life-changing if it goes diagnosed. So I’m all about that.
General dentistry, as far as just being able to take care of patients, and know and do as many services as you can so that they can stay in office, and they don’t have to go all over town or out of town to get whatever services they need, we can do it all here. And so that makes a big difference, and a lot of patients like that. They don’t like having to go to Little Rock. They don’t like having to go to Jonesboro. They don’t like having to go somewhere else to be treated. They like for us to be able to do it. And so we just continue to pursue those things to make sure we can do it.
- Prevent cavities and gum disease
- Help you enjoy an attractive smile
- Improve your overall health
General Dental Services Stop All Kinds of DamageThough it’s pretty simple to repair a single cavity with restorative dentistry like a filling or crown, a mouth full of cavities can wreck your smile. We do our best to prevent them, along with other dental threats, from gum disease to mouth injuries. Ask us about:
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride strengthens your tooth enamel, giving you a better defense against decay. We recommend this quick and painless treatment for children and for some adults too.
- Dental Sealants – We apply very thin layers of plastic to hard-to-clean areas like back teeth. They provide an additional layer of protection against cavities.
- Custom Mouthguards – We can provide you with athletic mouthguards to keep your teeth safe during sports. With a custom fit, they’ll protect your smile better than mouthguards purchased at a store. We make mouthguards to prevent teeth grinding too.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If we find signs of gum disease, we’ll give you a deep cleaning treatment to remove infection and return your gums to health.