TMJ Treatment/Teeth Grinding
End The Pain In Your Jaw By Treating Your Teeth.
Relieve Jaw Pain With TMJ Treatment in Searcy
You probably don’t associate nagging jaw pain with your teeth, but the two may be connected. If you clench or grind your teeth, it puts pressure on the joints that connect your jaw to your skull. This can result in a painful condition called TMJ disorder. Misaligned teeth or other bite problems can contribute to the problem too. Fortunately, we can relieve your pain with TMJ treatment in Searcy.
- Uses a custom-made mouthguard to relieve pressure on your jaw so it can heal
- Protects your teeth from damage caused by grinding, a habit often found in those who suffer from TMJ disorders
- Alleviates painful TMJ symptoms like facial swelling and ear pain
- Helps you get a better night’s sleep
- Stops pain from spreading from your jaw to your neck, shoulders, and elsewhere
Relieve Pressure on Your Jaw With a Custom MouthguardNo two TMJ disorders are the same. Numerous factors, including arthritis and jaw injuries, have been connected to the painful condition. Yet many who experience TMJ pain also grind or clench their teeth. Since it often happens in their sleep, many people may not even realize they have these habits. In addition to causing jaw pain, a grinding habit can damage your smile to the point where it requires a restorative dentistry procedure for repair. A custom-made mouthguard prevents you from grinding and clenching. This gives your inflamed joints a chance to heal, so your jaw no longer aches. It also protects your teeth from damage caused by excessive wear. If a mouthguard doesn’t help, Dr. Barker can refer you to a specialist.
Don’t Suffer From TMJ SymptomsIn addition to jaw pain, those with TMJ disorders may also suffer from:
- Facial tenderness and swelling, especially near the jaw
- Earaches with no obvious cause
- Frequent headaches
- Pain and tension in the neck and shoulders