Fix Your Dental Damage With Dental Crowns & Bridges in Searcy
There are lots of ways to repair dental damage. Two options we use often are dental crowns and bridges in Searcy. A dental crown is one of our most versatile dental restorations.
In addition to their natural appearance, our non-metal fillings:
- Do not contain mercury
- Require less modification of healthy tooth structure than metal fillings
- Repair cavities and prevent decay from spreading
- Protect your teeth from further damage
- Are less likely than metal fillings to develop cracks over time
For Larger Cavities, Get a Crown or Other Restoration
While our practice is mostly metal-free, we can provide metal fillings if they are the best choice for your smile. However, we may suggest other dental restorations for large cavities or for cavities located in areas where teeth are under a lot of chewing pressure. Your options include:
- Dental Crown – Since a crown covers your entire tooth, it can repair even the largest cavities. We can also use a crown to hide cosmetic problems such as a stained or misshapen tooth.
- Inlay or Onlay – One of these restorations may be the right choice if you have decay that is too extensive for a filling but not really bad enough for a crown.
Prevent Cavities From Occurring in the First Place
While we can fix a cavity with a filling, the easiest way to deal with dental decay is to keep it from occurring in the first place. You should get a dental cleaning every six months so we can remove plaque and other harmful substances you might miss when brushing at home. For added protection, we may also recommend preventive treatments such as fluoride and dental sealants.
For tooth fillings in Searcy, call 501-254-6153. Our office is located minutes away from Harding University.